Step In Time Chimney Services – CHIMNEY SWEEP SERVICES – Horsham
Step In Time Chimney Services provide safe, clean, chimney sweeping and remedial services in Surrey and West Sussex. Based near Cranleigh, we can cover a wide geographical area.
When you use a fire, a deposit of soot builds up in the lining of your chimney or stove flue. Too much soot can prevent smoke from being safely drawn up and out, and could result in smoke damage and potentially dangerous emissions.
If you haven’t used your fire or stove for a while, there may be debris such as birds nests or twigs, in your chimney or cowl, which can also be a fire hazard. It is therefore essential that you have your chimney swept at least once a year as a minimum.
With 1 year of experience, a chimney sweep from Step In Time Chimney Services includes the following as standard:
- An external visual inspection of the stack or flue
- A thorough power-sweeping clean (we have a variety of rods and brush heads for all chimney types, from small log burners to inglenook fireplaces)
- A visual inspection of your fire or log burner, to include recommendations of remedial work required for maximum safety and efficiency (e.g. replacement of stove rope, fire bricks, debris collars)
- A post-sweep smoke test to ensure a clean draw
- All soot safely removed and disposed of inline with health and safety legislation
- Guidance on Carbon Monoxide safety and awareness and preventative measures
- A certificate confirming the work carried out
We can also:
- Provide chimney lining and liner replacement services- Provide Carbon Monoxide alarms to purchase for an additional cost
- Install/replace your chimney pot, cowl or bird guard
We are happy to work in domestic and commercial settings. For more information about the full range of services that we provide please get in touch.